New Hampshire Summer Camp Packing List
There is something enchanting about getting ready for summer camp. The idea of leaving your parents, pets, and home behind to spend time surrounded by nature and exhilarating activities is exciting. Everyone wants to have a summer they will never forget, no one wants to have a summer memorable for the wrong reasons, so packing all the important stuff is a must.
Here’s a quick list to help you get ready for your time at camp, we also have a full printable packing list on our website!
- Your Bible – camp is a time for you to grow in your faith, and having your Bible with you is part of that.
- Clothing– think about how long you’re going to be away and what kind of weather you will be encountering. Your clothes should be comfortable and easy to move in, something you are happy to get dirty. You don’t want to overpack, but you don’t want to be short of necessary items. Pack extra socks and under clothes, and don’t forget a raincoat.
- Toiletries and towels – All that time spent running around outside leads to necessary clean up. Also think about bug sprays and sunscreen, a good lip balm with spf protection, extra hair ties, and sunglasses.
- Shoes – There are so many different activities available here at camp, it’s easy to over-complicate the shoe situation. You are going to want a good pair of sneakers, something broken in and comfortable with enough support to help you run and jump. You are going to want a pair of hiking shoes that are fitted correctly. You may also want to bring something to wear at the beach.
- Pajamas – Let’s be honest, the best part of getting ready for bed is being cozy in your favorite pair of pajamas (and slippers, if you are like my kids). Think about how many sets you will need for your time at camp.
- Bedding – You’re already comfortable in your pajamas, it’s equally important to have comfort in your bunk. Does your bedding at home include a favorite teddy bear? A sleeping bag is perfect.
- Refillable water bottle – Hydration is key to enjoying your time outside!
- Beach gear – A hat and beach towels.
- Camera and flashlight
Remember to LABEL everything, with your name.
Your time here at camp should be enjoyable, adventurous and rewarding. Ensuring you have the necessary gear to live your best life will only improve your experience!