Position Opening – Director of Ministry Services
The Director of Ministry Services will work with the Executive Director of Christian Camps and Conferences Inc. to execute the mission statement of the organization through the operation of Camp Brookwoods, Camp Deer Run, Moose River Outpost and support the conferences, and other ministry opportunities during the off-season. The role of the Director of Ministry Services is to provide strong Christian leadership to plan with and organize the New Hampshire Support Staff on a day-by-day basis during the summer season, prepare for the summer in the “off season”, and make things happen procedurally. The role reports to the Executive Director and serves to further the organization’s goal to always improve its Christian ministry and its impact for the Kingdom. The role requires the ability to favorably represent the organization to outside groups, as well as practical daily skills necessary to manage and lead the camp.
- It is desired that the individual meets the requirements of the American Camp Association standards for a Camp Director. In the 2017 Standards, this includes two prior seasons of administrative capacity in an organized camp, ability to obtain 5 hours of professional development training per year and be at least 25 years of age.
- No preference of gender is implied with this document, but for the purpose of this job description, when a pronoun is required, the Director shall be referenced as “he”.
- For candidates with similar experiences and qualifications, the preference will be given to one with prior experience in the existing organization, secondly at a CCCA member camp, or an individual who has demonstrated sustained interest in the field of camping.
- Because of potential driving requirements of summer campers, the individual’s driving record but must be approved by the organization’s insurance company and have a spotless background and reputation.
- BA or BS degree required, MA, MS, MBA or PhD would be nice.
- The candidate must subscribe to the organization’s statement of faith.
This is a full-time position with benefits, and the office is located in Alton, New Hampshire. A complete detailed Job Description can be downloaded HERE.
To start the application process, please fill out this on-line form: