Camp will be open this summer!
We continue to monitor COVID guidelines issued by the State of New Hampshire and Maine, we are aware of the existing recommendations and regulations, and feel comfortable announcing our intention to open Brookwoods and Deer Run, and Moose River Outpost on schedule, June 27th.
Our first and primary concern is the health and safety of our campers and staff. In close consultation with our full-time staff, seasonal staff, experts, and our medical team, we have developed what we believe to be a sound plan. We understand that parents and campers might have questions about the impact COVID will have on the camp programs, so we want to share all this information with you and your family.
The major issues or changes will be:
• Testing will be required of all campers [and staff] within 7 days of arrival at all our camps. This is the parents responsibility.
• Testing will be required of all campers on incoming day at Brookwoods and Deer Run. Camp will be responsible for this test.
• Testing will be required of all campers [and staff] on day 4 at Moose River Outpost. Camp will be responsible for this test.
• Testing will be required of all campers [and staff] on day 5 at Brookwoods and Deer Run. Camp will be responsible for this test.
• Any campers and staff who have been fully vaccinated, or experienced COVID in the 90 days prior to their camp attendance, will not have to be tested.
• Masks will not be required when within the cabin “cohort”, or for most outside activities; but outside of established cohorts, and if social distancing cannot be maintained, we will ask campers and staff to wear masks.
• The activity program will be adjusted, and we will be introducing strict cleaning and hand washing protocols. Masks might need to be worn in certain situations or activities, but we realize most activities will be conducted outside.
• The camp program will need to be modified to reduce the risk of someone getting sick. For example, in New Hampshire we will be splitting the camp in half and running double shifts in the Dining Hall, Chapel and at activity areas, to help us maintain distancing guidelines.
• We will eliminate all the outside of camp trips which involve exposure to the general public. We believe we can still operate some wilderness trips and are working on these details this Spring.
• We believe we can run most of the normal activities at camp; not all, but most. We will be cleaning and sanitizing the activity areas at the beginning and end of each activity period. We are still trying to figure out how to sanitize a horse!
•Incoming day will be different as we will screen everyone at the gate, and permit limited groups into the cabins to reduce the risk of contamination.
• Parents of Brookwoods and Deer Run campers and those in the Leadership Development Program will be asked to complete this COVID waiver and have it ready upon arrival at camp.
• Parents of Moose River Outpost campers and those in the WILD Program will be asked to complete this COVID waiver and have it ready upon arrival at camp.
Perhaps the best way to share this information is to look at the list of Frequently Asked Questions we have complied, which will provide answers to most of the COVID related items we have been discussing with parents. That list can be accessed HERE.
We will also continue to have monthly Zoom calls with parents to provide the latest information. Call details will be e-mailed to the parents of enrolled campers a few days prior to each call. If you have not yet enrolled your child at camp, please contact our office at 603-875-3600 to obtain the camp details. The latest calls were recorded and can be viewed on this page.
Brookwoods and Deer Run Parent Information Gathering: June 1, 2021
Moose River Outpost Parent Information Gathering: June 2, 2021
Future Zoom informational call for parents of Brookwoods, Deer Run, and Moose River Outpost is scheduled for:
Tuesday, June 15th at 7:00pm. Zoom information has been e-mailed to the parents of all registered campers.
New information will be added as needed. Thank you for your understanding as we strive to provide the best possible camp experience within the current safety guidelines.
Of course if we didn’t cover YOUR question in our FAQ or other sources, please give us a call at the camp office at 603-875-3600.
We are excited….and hope you are too!